Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bike Ride to Zug























Today I decided to take the kids on a bike ride to the town of Zug.  I believe that the entire bike ride would be around 12 kilometers.  Coretta was in the lead, and led us to the town of Cham.  Once there, we traveled down to the Cham train station and took the bike trail to Zug.  Along the way we saw beautiful views of the lake, the mountains, cows, cornfields, and could even watch the train zip by us.

Along the trail there are many campsites where people were camping, swimming, or eating at the many restaurants along the way.  Coretta, Geno, and I stopped by the lake on the way back to have a Magnum ice cream bar and couple of drinks.  Coretta actually ordered for us all while I watched the bikes.  

Geno loved watching the big boats come in.  He was fascinated by them and waved to all the people passing by.

I believe we definitely got our fill of exercise today.  By the time we got back, my legs felt numb.  Overall, it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

BIETERSBLOG said...

Crystal,

Please send me this picture of Jeno in the bike trailer. I can't enlarge it for printing. Your background music is causing me problems - remember, I only have dial-up Internet access.