Monday, January 26, 2009

The Monster in his Tummy




Geno had a great day at school today. Although he hesitates at the door, as soon as we get in, he loves to choose his seat and draw. Today he chose to color a hedgehog.

When I picked him up, he was quietly listening to the story with all the other children. When he saw me, he got a big smile on his face, and came running to me. When I asked him if he liked school today, he clearly stated to me "Yeah!"

When we got home, it was clear to me that Geno was hungry and tired which can definitely become a lethal combination. I showed him that I was going to make him some chicken nuggets and french fries, which he was excited about, but didn't like the wait. Once I put them in the pan, he thought that they were ready and was standing on his tiptoes and stretching his arm with determination until he reached it. Sadly, I was right there to say, "No, not yet. They need to go into the oven." Once in the oven he kept staring at the food and pointing at it as if to say, "Mom, what is taking so long? I am HUNGRY!" Finally once they were ready to come out of the oven, I put some on his plate, and now we needed to wait for them to cool. I usually set his plate into the freezer for a minute to cool it down because if it is the slightest bit hot he says, Ohh Hoo Hoo." Today, however, he could not wait, so I put him in his chair and handed him his food.

I haven't heard back from the doctor or the audiologist and tomorrow will be a full week since his doctor's appointment. It has me thinking how long does it really take to schedule an appointment. I called and left a message with the doctor today, but haven't heard anything so far. I plan to try her mobile later on tonight.
Here are some pictures taken after school this afternoon. So far, he says No, Mow (milk), Yeah, Blue, and Bear.

If you look closely in the first one, you can see his reflection in the stove.

No comments: