Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!






Dad, it is unbelievable that you are 60 years old today. In honor of you, I have put together a compilation of all things 50s and 60s. I guess a trip down memory lane if you will.


With age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes greatness. I think you have achieved both of these qualities. You have survived cancer and fought it every step of the way. For that, you are my hero, and someone I look up to and have the deepest respect for. In you I see the strength to persevere and move forward. I hope to have these same qualities some day.

Terry Prachett, who was also born in 1948, states "It is often said that before you die, your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It is called living." Living...living a rich life with family as the primary focus.

You have done that and your kids and grandkids love you for it! Thanks for everything you have done to shape me into the person I am today and the person I will be tomorrow.


You are not only my father, but you have become my role model and friend and colleague. Someone I can turn to in times of need, someone I can share my teaching ideas with, someone I can depend on. Although I am now living far away, you are never far away from my mind.

Thanks for being there for every big milestone in my life: the teenage years, high school graduation, college graduation, my wedding, the birth of my children. Your belief in the importance of family is evident in these deeds and greatly appreciated. I love you Dad and wish I could be with you today!!


I hope you enjoy these videos!! They highlight and talk about your generation.






Happy 4th birthday to my darling nephew and godson as well!!

\Jack's Bday!\

No comments: