Thursday, March 26, 2009

Washing Machine Breakdown


My washing machine has been broken for a while, and was unsure when it could be fixed, so this weekend I found myself back in time washing them by hand. I filled up the bathtub and began scrubbing, rinsing, soaking. Coretta made sure to let me know that this is how everyone washed their clothes before electricity. It took me about three and a half hours and by the time I was done, my fingers were all wrinkled up.

Today the washing machine guys came and rang my door promptly at 8 am. They came up and began unscrewing things and in a few minutes, came to me and asked, "Are you missing anything?" I looked at him puzzled while he handed me a ripped up sock of Coretta's that must have been blocking the passageway. We laughed.

They then proceeded to tell me that they switched the language from German to English and thought that might be helpful to me. I am sure they had a good laugh at my expense. I know I did.

No comments: