Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My 36th Birthday







Today was my 36th birthday. You know you are getting old when you can't remember your exact age and start counting. As soon as Coretta woke up, she was excited to give me my birthday presents that she picked out all on her own. She bought me cubic zirconia heart shaped earrings and a ring. When I tried the ring on, I could not get it passed my knuckle, so I put it on my pinky. Coretta's eyes welled up with tears, so I pushed and pushed until it went on. Needless to say, getting another year older doesn't phase me, but my daughter crying does. My finger began to turn a light purple red as the circulation in my right ring finger was lost. All day I have been trying to pry the ring off. I've tried icing it, warming it, using tape to make my finger smaller, lotion, and oil. Nothing works. Hopefully I will be able to have better luck tomorrow.

Nick surprised me and got our thirteen year old neighbor Katie to come over and babysit and he took me to dinner at the Waldorf Risch Hotel. Nick tried the seafood lasagna, Coretta had chicken strips and fries, and I opted for the pesto risoto. Afterwards we each had dessert ranging from banana splits, mango minestroni, and pancake cinnamon ice-cream.

Once we finished dinner, we decided to take a walk around the grounds of this hotel/restaurant. The views of the lake and mountains were amazing like most of Switzerland is.

Nick bought me a designer watch for my birthday and I loved it. Great presents, great food, great company. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. What a great day to turn 36!

Another day older, wiser, and happier!

No comments: