Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mom and Bridge: Destination Zug and Hunenberg Switzerland



After a thirteen hour plane ride, it is suggested to take it easy due to jet lag. We did just that. I opted to take them into the town of Hunenberg where they toured the Hunenberg Castle Ruins, and let the kids play at the park. All was going well, until Mother Nature decided to pour down on us, so we made our way back to my house drenched or as Geno would say "dirty." Geno hats having his hair wet and kept saying, "My hair is dirty."

The next day, I decided to have them take a bus and then a train into Zug to do a little sight seeing and shopping, but before I did that, I wanted to show them the monastery by my house. We walked into the church and Mom lit a candle and prayed. We took some pictures of the monastery itself, and then we toured the monastic grounds. Here we saw two nuns working in the cemetery of nuns past making sure that beautiful plants and flowers were planted on their burial mounds.

Once in Zug, I showed them the old part of Zug, the quaint cobblestoned streets, and the architecture, and ended the adventure at an open air cafe for dessert. Great start to their sixteen day adventure.

No comments: