Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer





Since this week's temperature was going to be in the 80's, I had this great idea to get a pool for the back yard.

Coretta, Geno, and I went to several stores trying to find the best one. We finally decided on this pool that was 15 feet long and was way too heavy for one person to haul, but Coretta loved it the best because it had a ladder. I end up getting a salesperson to help me, not realizing that this item was so heavy, they called in for a "team lift." Next thing I know I have two guys helping me put this ginormous pool into the trunk of my car to find out that it wasn't going to fit. Three hours into this excursion, and now I was unsure if I could get it home. I then carried it out of the trunk myself, removing Nick's recent purchase of brewing supplies, and tried to fit it in the front seat. Realizing then, that it wouldn't fit, I carried it back into the trunk and bungee corded the trunk down. It worked! I made it home, hauled it out of the trunk, brought it to the back yard to find out that it was BIGGER than my yard. Now at this point it is almost seven o'clock at night and Coretta is crying, Nick is laughing and cursing at me, and I am exhausted. We ended up boxing it all back and bought the 8 foot pool. Here are some photos of the kids enjoying the beautiful weather.

No comments: