Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!!





Today is Father's Day and so Nick decided that we would go to Taylors Falls and spend time at the Interstate State Park.

We walked the river trail and ate at Schoony's Pizzeria and Malt Shop. Nick had a Mountain Dew strawberry float and Coretta, Geno, and I shared a chocolate malt.

It is amazing to me how just being out in nature, taking it in, breathing it in, can put things into perspective. Both Coretta and Geno enjoyed walking the trails, looking at the trees, and the lake.

Nick opened his presents and received Northern Brewer beer supplies, the new David Sedaris book, and a movie that Coretta and I created for him. Coretta also gave him a sheet stating the top ten things she loves about her Dad.

This is what she said:

1) He helps me with Math!
2) He is funny when he talks in his sleep!
3) He loves me!
4) He is awesome when he plays XBox 360!
5) He takes me to the CD store.
6) He buys me goodies!
7) He plays with me when I am lonely.
8) He rocks because he is so smart!
9) He is SUPER silly!
10) He is weird!

Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

No comments: